Tuesday, July 5, 2011

WE HAVE THE GOLDEN TICKET..... now what??? and THEY ARE FINISHED WITH OUR BACK GROUNDCHECKS.

First and foremost I want to tell you all I called the FBI today and found out our FBI back groundchecks are finished!!!! They should be mailed out to us no later than the 12th of July. I called back to see if there was anyway we could rush the delivery since that is all we are waiting for to complete our dossier but they can't so we wait :) 

There is no telling what our mail man thinks about us we are always getting mail from the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI haha


I was so excited about getting our USCIS approval I didn't really take time to explain what happens next so here goes...

The date of our USCIS approval has to be on the documents that our adoption agency has to create. That is why we couldn't really go any further in the process until we got this approval. So now that we have it I will take our dossier (without our FBI back groundchecks) to get appostilled then I will mail that off to our agency so that she can start working on the documents she has to create. It will take her a few weeks to finish everything she has to do and she also goes on vacation at the end of this month so that is why we are trying to hurry up and get our paperwork to our agency. We still need to raise 2000 dollars for our dossier prep fees. We will be having a garage sale on Saturday and we hope to raise a lot of money there but if you would like to donate please use the chipin on the side of our blog. All the money raised using the chipin will go directly to Baby A's adoption fund. Thank you so much to everyone who has already given!

Once we send her our FBI background checks and she finishes up with the documents she has to create then she will mail our dossier off to Eastern Europe.

Once it gets to the agency's office in Eastern Europe then they will translate it into English submit it then we wait for our travel date.

We will travel for the first time hopefully in September and commit to Baby A's adoption in Eastern Europe. We will get to meet him and spend some time with him that trip and I can't wait!

Then we come home for anywhere from 4 to 16 weeks and  wait for a court date. Once we get a court date we will fly back to Eastern Europe and officially adopt Baby A. There is a 10 day waiting period after the court hearing and we wont get to take Baby A until after those 10 days are over. After we get him then we get his birth certificate, visa and medical evaluations after that we will be headed home.

I know I have said most of that before but it took me forever before I realized exactly how this process was going to go so I like to keep putting it on here just in cause you all forget what's next.

This next picture is not for the faint at heart...
Kenya had asked me to show her the adoption papers and I said "okay give me just a minute." Well I totally forgot she had asked me that so later on that day I came to get something out of the adoption papers and I screamed and the sight of a BIG HUGE spider. Jason and Kenya DIED laughing because they had placed Kenya's spider ring in the paperwork to scare me. They were laughing so hard I couldn't help but laugh. I have tried several times to get them back but it still hasn't worked... Soon I will get them :)

On a side note I didn't realize our other chipin was expiring so it did and now I can't change the date on it. We raised 500 dollars using that chipin!!! I added that amount to the total raised on the side of the blog. Thank you so much to everyone who has given!!!

I hope you all have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment