Thursday, May 19, 2011

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming

We are just as busy as ever getting everything together for the adoption. The kids and I mailed in our FBI background checks last week and I have been working like crazy trying to get everything together for the dossier.



I called the USCIS office last week to get a better idea of the process the lady I spoke with was so nice and I am praying that she will be able to be our USCIS officer once it is time for us to have one. She said it could take up to 75 days to get approved but if there is a reason to expedite it they most likely would do that. I called back this week to see if we had an officer yet and we don't but I plan on calling back next week to see how things are coming along. I am praying they will be able to get our paperwork going quickly. From what I understand it will most likely take about 2 months to get approved. Then we will get all of our paperwork appostilled and mail it off to our agency. Once our agency gets it they have to fill out paperwork and get some things from their state all of which will take about a month. After that our dossier will be ready to send to Eastern Europe and be translated which will also take about a month. We might not be able to travel for the first time until September depending on long all of this takes. That makes me kinda nervous because we are not officially committed to Baby A in Eastern Europe until we travel for the first time and sign paperwork. There is nothing we can do about that part but pray that the Lord would work out all of the timing :)

I am super excited to let you all know that  Debby has extended the Thirty- One Gifts Fundraiser for Baby A's adoption until the 29th of this month. If you haven't gotten to order anything yet now is your chance. Click HERE and see all the great stuff they have to offer! Thank you so much Debby this is truly a gift to our family!

I hope you all have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment