Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Today did not go as planned.

This picture of Kenya pretty much sums up how I felt today.


I was sooooo excited when I opened the mail today and found out we have received our appointment date and time for our USCIS fingerprints. We will be going in a week and a half and I can't wait. I feel like we are getting so much closer but I know we are still so far away.

Our physicals were scheduled for next month but since we are getting our fingerprints done so soon I wanted to bump them up. I spent what seemed like hours on the phone today trying to get our appotiments moved up with no luck. Finally I called a doctors office and they were able to get us in TODAY! I was so excited!

Once Jason got home from work we loaded up the kids and took them to my Mom's she said they could stay the night which is always a nice treat for all of us :) Kenya was so excited to be staying the night at Momo's.

Before we did anything we had to pick up our car at the shop so we did that then headed to our local police station to get our police clearances for our dossier. I have been to the police station before (to get clearances for our home study) and I was convinced  I knew where it was at but after driving around in circles for about 15 minutes we decided we had better head to our doctors appointments. We got there right on time and started filling out all the paperwork which of course took awhile. I grabbed one of their cards after I turned in our paperwork and stuck it in my wallet, it was at that time I realized my credit card was gone. I called the auto shop that we had taken the car to and of course I had left it there. We canceled the card and ordered a new one because I wouldn't be able to go pick it up today. Jason asked me what the name of the office was and I had no clue so I pulled out the card and realized  our doctor was a D.O. not a MD. We had to see a MD for our dossier physicals. I was so embarrassed but I went up and told them what happened and they were so sweet but still my dream of getting it done today was crushed.

We left there and headed home to drop off our other car (we were in two cars since we picked up one from the shop). Then we loaded back up and headed back to the police station it was so easy to find and we had just passed it the first time. They asked who they needed to make it out to and I had no clue. I called our adoption agency but they were already closed so I just guessed and I will find out tomorrow if I was right or not after I talk to our agency. The lady who did them for us was SUPER nice in fact she had been reading Patrice's blog for over two years and she knew who we were. We talked for a little while then headed home.

Jason and I got home and we couldn't believe how many things went wrong today. We were just thankful nothing went wrong with dropping the kids off at my Mom's. Once the movie was over my Mom called to say Kenya wasn't feeling well and she wanted to come home so I went and got the kids. I am telling you NOTHING went right today but I am comforted knowing that the heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps! Proverbs 16:9 My day might not have gone as I planned it but none of this surprised the Lord so I can rest in His sovereignty!

3 comments:

  1. haha, ya much more went wrong today than just that stuff! :D

    - Jason D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds like the kind of days I have been having lately:)
    I put your button on my blog. Us Texans have to stick together!
    Stop by and see my first giveaway if you are interested in winning an original oil painting!

    http://moveanymountian.blogspot.com/2011/05/carmens-1st-giveaway.html

    Good luck, I hope the weekend goes better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the risk of sounding creepy, I saw you at the library today! :)

    I was going in as you and your kids were coming out. I recognized your smiling face from somewhere but couldn't place you. At the risk of feeling rude later, I gave you a cheery, "Hi!" and kept on walking. Five steps later I thought, "Wait! That's Vanessa from Patrice's blog!...wait, she lives around here!?"

    So, next time you're at the "you know where" library, a lady with 3 kids may just say a real "Hello!" :) And it might be me. :)

    ReplyDelete