Monday, February 21, 2011

Paper Pregnancy (adoption term)

Have you ever heard the term paper pregnancy??? It is what they say about someone who is in the process of adopting a child. I always loved that saying but it came true for me today. We are trying to get all the paperwork done for our homestudy as fast as we can and part of that required a trip to the doctor. Today Jason and I had to go to the doctor to get a TB test and get a letter signed saying we are in good health. This was the first time we have done something for the adoption outside of the house and it was soooo much fun. After we left the doctors office we celebrated with a small Frappe from McDonald's and a dollar movie. So here is where the paper pregnancy part comes in. I remember being pregnant with Kenya and after our first sonogram with her we went out to eat to celebrate. I remember how excited and giddy I was all day and that is exactly how I felt today. I don't really know how to describe it but it is so neat to be moving forward.

I got to see some new pictures of the baby we want to adopt today and it overwhelmed me with joy but it also broke my heart. There is a picture where he was leaning out of his nanny's arms to see a toy and it reminded me so much of Judah. I also read that his nanny had to leave him for a little while and he cried most of the time and wouldn't eat. I got so sad thinking about him having to leave her if we get to adopt him. Of course he needs a Mommy and Daddy and if the Lord allows us to adopt him I know we will bond with him and he will bond with us but she is the only Mommy he has ever known. I know it is going to be hard for him to leave her. My heart has been heavy for that sweet boy today.

You see all these emotions today??? Remind you of being pregnant??? Happy sad happy sad...

In other news the Williams Family has invited me to come stay with them for a week. Patrice and Matt are going to teach me how to care for their son Jonah who also has EB. If you have never read their blog you HAVE to check it out. They are an amazing family and I am so blessed that they are allowing my to come stay with them! I am planning on going at the end of this week!!!

Please be praying for my family while I am gone. This is the first time I am going to leave Judah and he is a Momma's boy!

Those are all the things I can think of to update you on. Please feel free to ask us any questions that you might have.

Vanessa

2 comments:

  1. Yay for paperwork getting done! Yay for a visit with Jonah and Patrice! Good luck, I know this will be a challenge for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to be following your blog. I have prayed for this baby to find his forever family and watching everything move along is so exciting! I've followed Patrice's blog and prayed for Jonah for so long, he is a wonderful little guy and is so blessed to have Patrice and Matt for parents.

    You have a wonderful teacher - I'm sure God will bless your time together as He cares for your family while you are away.

    Praying from Waterford, MI
    Kim M

    ReplyDelete