Friday, March 11, 2011

Dressing change

I have now helped with dressing changes for the last three days and I am learning more and more each time I help. I remember the first time Patrice unwrapped Jonah I was just amazed how beautiful his skin was. There was something about it that I just loved. I watched Patrice and her Mother in Law do the dressing changes for the first two days and I spent time taking notes.

Wednesday was my first day to help and I was so excited. I thought I would be nervous the whole time but I only got nervous after I took the dressing off his legs. I was so afraid of rubbing his skin off but Patrice reassured me that if I was gentle it would be okay.

This is me wrapping an arm.


Washing his leg.

Popping a blister.
This was by far the worst part because I knew it hurt him.
It is necessary though so it had to be done.

Putting transfer on his leg.

more transfer...


I know I still have a lot to learn so I am thankful to be here for a few more days. I miss my family though and can't wait to see them on Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I cannot begin to tell you how overjoyed I am to learn of your desire to adopt Baby A. I fell in love with his face and have cried and prayed every night since reading his story that a family would be touched to adopt him. I pray and hope with all my heart that you will be able to bring him home. As a military family we are not really able to adopt, we move so frequently and have such little stability in our lives very few agencies would work with us. I knew we personally could not adopt this boy but I prayed so hard that God would find Baby A a home. I want you to know that I donated to his adoption costs that first night I saw him and hope to be able to help your family again if it is needed to get him to a home so please be sure to post information of fund raisers and such. Nothing has made me more happy than learning your family is hoping to adopt him. God bless you and Baby A. The Gray Family, MI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so extrememly touched by Jonah's story as well as your family's. When I saw Patrice's post yesterday, I was elated! My heart did a flip in my chest. God is so good! You all are in my prayers and have opened my eyes and touched me in ways you will never know. Bless you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vanessa: Thank you so much for adopting this precious EB baby. When the EB communtiy saw that face, and read his story, our hearts went out to him. Thank God you and your husband are opening up your home and hearts for this amazing little boy. Hoping everything goes smoothly for you guys. Take care and God Bless You Both. Nana to an an EB angel, Leah JEB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. What an amazing story. Crying tears of joy!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete