Monday, March 7, 2011

Staying with the Williams family

Jason and I left our house at 4:30 yesterday morning to head to the airport. I had only gotten about 2 hours of sleep the night before because I was packing and getting everything ready to leave. I thought I would be tired but I was wide awake. Jason dropped my off and my journey officially started!

I got through security with no problems and didn't have a whole lot of down town before they started boarding the plane. The flight was great and I slept for a little while.

Then I landed in Atlanta and thought B comes after A and C comes after B so I decided to walk all the way to the end of the A terminals thinking B would come next then C.... Well I got to the end of my 37 terminal walk and realized it dead ended ha.

I had to walk all the way back and get on an elevator to the next level then ride a train to the correct terminal. It took an hour from the time I landed until I got to the right terminal. It's a good thing I had a 2 hour lay over.

The other hour went by fast talking to people in the waiting area about our sweet babies and the child we hope to adopt.

The next plane ride went by fast and then we landed and I realized it was really happening. I was really here and going to get to learn how to care for our baby if we got to adopt him. I was soooo excited. I had to make a quick stop to buy some gum before I went to meet Patrice because my breath was kicking it haha.

Patrice was there waiting for me and were so excited to see each other. We grabbed some lunch on the way back to their house and ate lunch with Matt once we got there. Jonah was asleep.

He started making nose on his baby monitor while we were eating and he sounded so much like Judah. I think I told them that 100 times :)

Matt went up to get him and as soon as I saw Jonah I fell in love. He is so cute and his voice is adorable! HE was shy at first but I think he just need timCheck Spellinge to warm up and wake up.

After awhile I got on the floor with him and we played and played. He is all boy and it cracks me up! He loves his trucks and loves playing with balls.

Check Spelling
Jonah and Matt were wrestling on the floor and it made me so happy to watch him play. He is totally a normal 2 year old. He talks all the time and loves playing. Oh and he say my name so cute he says "Nessa."

Jonah wanted to watch his Mom make is food so I asked her if I could hold him and asked how how to pick him up. She said just like a normal 2 year old just more careful. I picked him up and I can't tell you how amazing that was. I don't know why but it was so neat to get to love on him and it made me long to hold Baby A but kinda satisfied that urge also?!?

I can not tell you how much I love this family. Patrice and I have talked about everything from our babies who had passed away to Bible studies to raising kids.

I got to watch diaper changes, feedings (Jonah has a G Tube), making food for the G Tube and draining blisters.

I am going to run and hang with Jonah and Patrice but I will post again soon. Here is a blog Patrice posted about my first day here.


1 comment:

  1. I've been following Patrice's blog since Jonah was born, and baby A's story for a few months now. Although I rarely comment, I do read often and searched out your blogs to follow your journey. I just noticed that Reece's Rainbow has baby A listed under "My family found me". I hope this means good news for your family!

    Good Luck with everything!