Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I need help!/ UPDATE

Okay I think we found someone and I am sooooo excited!!!! I will let y'all know for sure once the appointment is set!
---------------------------------------------

We need to find a psychiatrist or psychologist in the DFW area of Texas that can administer a standardized test and write up a report (no longer than 3 pages) that includes a ton of information from our interview (I have all the details I just didn't want to post them on here). I have called more than twenty psychiatrist's and/or psychologist's in the past few days and NO ONE is able to do this. If you know of anyone that can do this please, please let me know ASAP.
Thank you so much!
Vanessa

5 comments:

  1. I'm from Fort Worth and will see if I can learn something from someone who might know....

    'Lucy'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa,

    Please contact TCU for help. I think someone there could help you out. Here is a link that I think will be useful: http://www.child.tcu.edu/HopeConnection.htm

    ~ A Brite/TCU alum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see you may have found someone!

    I just found a phone message from last night (no clue why we didn't hear the phone) from the friend in Fort Worth I'd contacted. She gave me a name but said she'd tell me more when we talked. I'll send the info when I get it just in case you need it....

    'Lucy'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your adoption agency should be able to refer you to someone. Including a psych assessment in a home study is not unheard of. An adoption agency should have someone they can send their families to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited I found your blog. I learned about Anton such a long time ago and my husband and I prayed. It was a heart wrenching story. We made a donation and put his story on facebook. Then we didnt hear anything. Then we had our son's adoption day in court in DFW and decided man is it nice down here lets stay and live. So we have been busy moving from Pa to Texas and today despite the extremely slow internet service we get in this hotel room I got on RR and saw Anton!!!! I was so excited!! Then I see this post about the DFW area. Small world. I cant help you find a dr because I just moved here but am so glad you are sharing your story and so glad you are adopting Anton. I will continue to pray for him and your family.

    May God richly bless you and your family. May God heal Anton here on earth. Praise God that Anton will finally know the love of a mama and daddy.

    Be blessed
    Ashlee
    http://ourjourneytoadoption.beckfamily143.com/

    ReplyDelete