Monday, March 21, 2011

Katie and Ms. Ella

A few weeks ago Katie contacted me on Facebook and let me know that her and her daughter Ella were going to be in town and wanted to know if we wanted to spend a few hours with them. We of course said YES! Ella is three and a half and has RDEB just like Anton and it was so great to met her and she a glimpse of life with RDEB.
When Jason, Kenya and I walked in the door Ella was eating Mc Donalds and I can not tell you what joy it brought to my heart to see her eating french fries. While Ella finished up her lunch Katie, Jason, Kenya and I got a chance to talk and we asked her a ton of question.
Ella finished up her lunch and joined us in the living room. She is so cute and so smart. It was such a joy to be around her. I left our meeting more excited than ever to hopefully get to be Anton's family one day.
Ella calls her bandages her covers. This is her showing us how to wrap her stomach.
Katie brought out all of her "covers" and explained to us what each thing was.
Ella getting ready to wrap my arm.
Here she is putting "covers" on me.
Kenya's turn. Kenya still has this piece of transfer and she calls it her squishy. When we have friends over and we are talking about Anton she runs and gets it and shows them how she can wrap her arm.
We didn't end up getting any pictures of Jason but he was there just behind the camera :)
Ella is a beautiful, smart and super cute three year old and I'm so glad we got to meet her. My favorite thing that Ella's Mom told us about her is she was one of the very few kids in her class that was able to cut out her project by herself. I don't know why but I LOVED that! Here is the blog Katie posted about it!

Katie and Ella thank you so much for taking time to meet with us even though y'all weren't in town for very long. I LOVED getting to know y'all!

Vanessa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vanessa: I met Ella and Katie when we were in D.C. for the orphan disease hearing. EB was one of the RARE diseases that they discussed.
    Katie and Ella are amazing. I am so glad you met Ella. Now you know how special these EB children are. They have a special spirit to them. I love them all.
    Thanks again for being Antons forever family. God Bless You. Love and Peace Leah's Nana

    ReplyDelete